Friday, April 27, 2012

FO Friday - 4/27/2012

Pull up a chair, grab your favorite drink and get ready to read the saga...

Sadly, I only have one FO to share today:



I used the Amerie Cowl pattern, 2 skeins of Urban Silk and size 9 needles for this creation.  The pattern calls for 95 yards of yarn, but I doubled it to make it longer and more of an infinity scarf that can be used almost as a necklace.  I really like how it turned out.  The yarn is silk and cotton - a dream to knit.  The pattern was very easy, yet elegant.

Here is the current state of the never ending Lacy Summer Top:



It didn't get finished for WHIBSIB - my girls knitting weekend retreat last weekend - nor did it get finished for this weekend.  The back is complete, and I am a.l.m.o.s.t finished with the front.  Someday...

Then, there are the never ending socks:



They are coming along, but at this rate, they may outlive me. I want to be finished with them by April 30th - the last day of the March challenge.  Seeing as I am just to the heel/gusset section, my chances are pretty slim.  I am enjoying the knit...it is just slower going than I like.  Those twisted stitches and easy to drop stitches when one is cabling without a needle...Oh the frustration.

However, the dreaded combo did not prevent me from starting the April socks:



It's another pattern by Janneke Maat called Tara.  It was the MOCK last month in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry.  I didn't get row gauge; so, I frogged them and put everything away until this month.  They apply to this month's challenge; so, win-win.  However, check it out - twisted stitches and tiny cables...again.

I want to finish the top and the March socks, because I have big plans to participate in Mad May in the Madelinetosh Lovers group.  I want to make Saroyan for the general accessories challenge and Lazy Girl Shawl for the general shawl challenge.

For the Saroyan, I plan to use this yarn (Pashmina in the Tart colorway):



I am also going to put some beads on it.

For the Lazy Girl, I plan to use this yarn (Tosh Merino Light - (maybe, or another MT yarn) - in the Oceana colorway:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~and~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this yarn:



(I am allowed to use a non-Madelinetosh yarn, as long as at least one of the yarns is Madelinetosh.)

And looky, looky:



Madtosh Crafts is having their grand opening tomorrow.  I can't wait!

MK out.

3 comments:

  1. The scarf/necklace is great. I enjoyed knitting the Saroyan. Can't wait to see yours, the Tart color will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects, whether they be finished or still on the needles. Great seeing you today at Madtosh Crafts. Congratulations on the raffle ticket win. That TART colorway is just so YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Y'all...I lurves me some TART!

    ReplyDelete