Friday, March 9, 2012

FO Friday - 3/9/2012

I have some FOs to share that I completed last month!!!

First up, I made a mink stole...er, scarf...um...neck thing. 




I was feeling a little disgruntled with the other things I had OTN not too long ago and needed a little instant gratification.  I pulled out some eyelash yarn that I had in black and in brown.  I have too much novelty yarn...I've had it so long that it is coming back in style...but I just wanted to make something with the stuff in the interest of using up some stash.  I decided that I could make some kind of fun boa-type-neck-thing for that special occasion that called for it.  Holding two strands of black and one of brown together gave it a sort of minky-ish look.  It's all garter stitch and it used up nine balls of this stuff.  I still have some left, despite my best efforts.

I did finish that pink thing...It's a little cardi for a special little girl:



It is inspired by the Little Daisy Cardigan pattern by Sublime.  Their version is a little different, plus, it instructs you to make seven pieces that need to be sewn together.  Bah humbug!  I made mine top-down and seamless....I may change out the button...The one I used may be a little too big.  What do you think?

I made a hat to go with the cardi...It is also from the same Sublime booklet and I followed the pattern as stated:



It's called the Cheeky Beret.  I love that name!



Now, back to my knitting...

MK out

3 comments:

  1. MK,

    LOVE the sweet baby cardi and beret! So sweet. I kind of like the button BTW.

    Carrie

    P.S. Looking forward to another get together on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...your mink stole reminded me of one I made for a cruise we went on. It was supposed to have a ribbon tying it closed but I just put a rhinestone pin. People kept touching me. It really did look good, for fun fur, but it was hot! A lot heavier than I ever thought! The little sweater and hat are so cute! Love all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete