Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday - 3/23/2011

Since I write about my knitting weekly, I feel added pressure to knit and to be able to show progress.  I am sabotaging myself because I have a few things going at once. Even if I do knit on something reasonably consistently - and I also give attention to some or all of the other things going - progress is not so obvious.

Case in point, the March 2011 socks:



I like the pattern okay, but the slipping stitches across every other row slows me down too.  It is making a nice, dense fabric.



I am at the armholes on the baby sweater:



At least it is made in one piece; so, I have fronts and back up to that point simultaneously.

Cold Sheeping is still going well.  I have not bought one ball of yarn since November 1.  That's over four months!  When I look at projects I want to make online, or in the yarn shop - or I see a yarn I'd like to try...it can be a little hard.  Usually, I go upstairs to where my yarn stash lives and look through it a little, and I'm fine.

The DFW Fiber Fest is coming in three weeks...I have already planned to purchase yarn there.  How could I not?  Madelinetosh, The Woolie Ewe, Brooks Farm Yarns, The Knitting Fairy, Fiber Lady...just to name a few....will all be there.  There will be yarn fumes to take in and yarn to pet.  C.a.n.n.o.t.w.a.i.t.  I think my strategy will be to allow myself a certain dollar amount and have things in mind that I really want.  We shall see.

Anyone out there planning on coming to DFW Fiber Fest?  What other fiber festival will you be attending in the next few weeks or months?

MK out.


 

3 comments:

  1. Watch for Nikki and Me.....we are coming in on Saturday and staying the night...Nikki is taking a class on Sunday so guess I will be forced to shop.....I know....such a scarafice.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be there - shopping on Saturday, Leef's class on Sunday morning, then zooming out. And my ticket is on Southwest, which means I can check two pieces of luggage for free......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be looking for all of you! I can't wait to see everybody...

    ReplyDelete