Monday, March 21, 2011

Movie Monday - 3/21/2011

It's Monday, and that means another installment of movie comments. 

The Adjustment Bureau, starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt, is about two people who may or may not get together. The free will vs. predestination conflict is explored in this film. There is an unseen group of people who “adjust” the course when someone strays from the path determined by some unknown entity. This group interferes with David (Damon) and Elise’s (Blunt) budding romance. It was entertaining, but I thought the ending was really weak.

Winnebago Man is a documentary about Jack Rebney. In the 70s, he starred in commercials about Winnebagos, and the multitudes of outtakes of him swearing up a storm have a cult following on YouTube and other venues. The filmmaker wanted to find out just who this guy was and what he was about. It was interesting, but be warned – the F-bombs fly.


Red, starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich, is about a group of retired CIA assassins who are being hunted. They find out why and eventually by whom. It was engaging and entertaining. I liked it.


The Beaches of Agnes is an autobiographical documentary of the life and works of Agnes Varda, whom many consider the grandmother of the French New Wave film movement. She wrote and directed Cleo from 5 to 7 – that movie I commented about a few weeks ago. It was a fascinating look at the life of a very talented individual.

Besides movies, I have several television shows on the Netflix queue.  I've just finished Weeds: Season 1.  While watching the first few episodes, I couldn't decide if I liked this show or not.  I couldn't relate to the characters or the situations...I don't even know people like that...By the end of the season, I was entertained - although I am not a single mother paying the rent with proceeds from my drug-dealing business. I am looking forward to watching Season 2.
Later, Internets...

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment