Friday, March 11, 2011

FO Friday - 3/11/2011

Yay!  It's Friday!  It's the weekend!!!  Next week is Spring Break in these parts, but I haven't really celebrated Spring Break in a few years.  It feels a little weird, but I didn't know what the actual dates were - I had to look them up on the school website.

Remember that Surprise Bag?  I finally put on the grommets; so, it is Merry-Karma-Blog-Appropriate-Done! 

I think it is a little fugly, myself.  First of all, it felted a little unevenly, but I was not standing over the whole process.  Usually, I carefully take the item out, straighten it up and put it back in if needed.  This time, I set the timer and walked away.  It was a busy day, and I couldn't be bothered.  The Felting Gods had a field day with me, apparently.  It kind of looks like a tall, skinny Booga Bag.  Oh...you want to see it?



Felting is kind of like magic.  It turns something that looks like this:



Into something that looks like this:



That officially concludes the January 2011 FOs.  Here they are all together:



Maybe next week, I will have woven in the ends to the February socks and the Lacy Top.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment